The Department of Environmental Science is an interdisciplinary area of study, established with two founder faculty members Dr. Dharmendra Kumar and Dr. Shachi Sinha in 2018 in the Faculty of Science affiliated to University of Allahabad. It conducts three year under-graduate program in Environmental Science as one of the subjects in B.Sc. for both Math and Bio-group students. The prime objective of this department is to have an interdisciplinary approach towards creating the understanding of structure and function of the environment and to explore the cause-effects relationship of various environmental issues with utmost integration of different scientific techniques having the aim of safeguarding the whole environment with sustainable approach.
Department of Environmental Science, primarily focuses of creating awareness and sensitivity among students toward the environmental factors, as it’s study based on all the abiotic and biotic elements that influence our life and different processes of the earth, ecological systems, biodiversity, natural resources, alternative energy systems, climate change and numerous sorts of pollution. Environmental science integrates information from several other disciplines and so is multidisciplinary in nature. The department coordinates environmental programmes of the Iswar Saran Degree College and transfer appropriate eco-friendly technologies for the sustainable development.
|S.N.||Name & Designation||Qualification||Specialization||Research Area||Contact||Detailed Profile|
Dr. Dharmendra Kumar
|M.Sc., D.Phil.||Environmental Science||Biodiversity Conservation and Phytoremediation||
Dr. Shachi Sinha
Ecology and Environment
1. Remedial classes are held daily for the students who are weak in the subject.
2. Participation of faculty members in various Training Programmes/ Symposium/ Seminars/ Workshops organized by UGC/MHRD/UoA etc.
3. Students are introduced to floral diversity of Iswar Saran Degree College with their economic and cultural importance.
4. Students are introduced to different tree species grown in Iswar Saran Degree College campus.
5. Value added course “Solid Waste Management and Environmental Studies “are running smoothly for under graduate students of the college.
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)