A Constituent PG college of University of Allahabad
College with Potential For Excellence, NAAC Accredited B+
Prof. Pramila Srivastava memorial Library
The college has a separate newly built Library building having nearly Sixty thousand books and regular subscription of Ninety three international and national journals; twenty one magazines and daily newspapers. It caters the needs of more than 6000 students at undergraduate, postgraduate and Research level. The Library services are fully automated. The Library has reading halls at the ground floor. One Reading hall is for UG students and other for PG & Research students. The reading halls can accommodate two hundred fifty students. E-Library having 20 latest systems is fully functional for Research Scholars to access the e-resources.
The Library uses the SOUL 3.0 – Library Management Software. The software is used for Cataloguing, Classification, Circulation etc. The Library is well equipped with all the modern facilities and resources (print and electronic) in the forms of CDROMs, DVD-ROM, books, journals, etc.
The library remains open on all working days from 9AM to 5 PM. To become a member, students should fill and submit a prescribed membership form to the library.
All the bonafide students of Iswar Saran College, teaching, non-teaching staff members have right to access the Library. To become a member of library, bonafide students should fill a form available with the Library Office. The registered members are issued Library Card corresponding to their entitlement.
1. The bonafide students and staff members have right to access the library and use it for reading and studying during working hours and days.
2. The membership of the library can be obtained by the bonafide student and staff members of the College by filling a prescribed form with the College Library Office for issuing books and availing different facilities of the library. A membership card is issued by the Library Office. The member should produce the membership card while getting books, etc. issued in her/her name or availing different facilities.
3. Students and Staff member when leaving College permanently must deposit the cards with the Library Office and get their account cleared.
5. In case membership card is lost or misplaced the library office should be informed in writing as early as possible. Members can obtain a new card in place of lost or misplaced card. In case of loss or damage of card Rs.50 shall be charged from the member.
Rules for Issue, Return and Maintenance of Books
1. The members can issue books in their name against the membership card as per their entitlement. While issuing the books, the user must check the books that the same is in order. In case of any deformity is noticed by the user the same should be reported to the counter assistant. Books are issued for a limited period; hence, the user should note the date by which she/he is required to return the book.
2. The issued books must be returned to the Library on or before the date of return. Returning book late shall attract fine.
3. In case the book is lost/ misplaced by the member he/she has to replace the same with a new one or shall be required to pay the cost of book at current price.
4. Students in possession of any library book must return same before the end of classes (official date of ending classes) in each semester failure of which appropriate fine shall be levied.
5. The user must maintain and handle the books, etc. issued to her/him properly, carefully and safely. She/he should not mark on it, underline on the texts, write anything on it, and deface it in any form.
6. The Librarian, in the interest of Library and Institution, has the discretion to recall any book issued to the user at any time.
Discipline and Decorum in the Library
1. The user/members shall maintain perfect silence in the library reading halls. Talking loudly, gossiping, chatting, etc. is strictly prohibited.
2. Running, pushing passing gestures and teasing is strictly prohibited.
3. Eatables and soft drinks are not allowed in the library.
4. Use of mobile phone is prohibited in the library. Mobile phones should be kept under silent mode in the library.
5. Marking, underlining, doodling or defacing any Books, Newspapers, Magazines, etc. of the library prohibited.
6. Carrying any book, published material, or any property of the library outside the library without proper issue or authorization shall be deemed as gross indiscipline.
7. Defacing, damaging and mishandling the property of the library shall be deemed as gross indiscipline.
Non-compliance or breaching the rules of Discipline and decorum in the library shall attract disciplinary action and fine or cancellation of membership or both.
Technical Processing Section
Technical Processing Section plays a key role to function the library. It makes a bridge between the acquisitions of documents to the Circulation. This Section is located at the Ground Floor in the Library. This section strictly follows principles of Osmosis, where classification of books is done using DDC latest edition and cataloguing of books following AACR-II.
Separate Reference Library hall is situated in the main building. It is exclusively for Teachers and Research Scholars. This section has seating capacity of 50 users. This section collects and manages the Reference Books, Encyclopedias, Journals, Periodicals, Newsletters, Bulletins, Reports Seminar proceedings etc. All these documents contain the latest information on current developments of a branch of knowledge. The College library is making every effort to procure the maximum journals on the subject being taught in the college. Section also procure and manage the current newspapers and general magazines.
College also provides the facility of Book-Bank. In this facility, a student can get maximum three books at any time by paying the cost of books. After returning the book, Rs 10/- per book will be deducted and balance amount will be returned to the students.
The Library has a total collection of around 60000 which includes books, serials, non-book materials etc. The Library subscribes to 93 national and international journals, 10 Magazine and 11 Newspapers. Library also has collections by way of donation.
Interdisciplinary Studies in Literature and Environment (ISLE)
International Journal of Rural Management
International Journal of Social Sciences
Journal of Asiatic Society Kolkata
Journal of Bioscience
Journal of Chemical Sciences
Journal of Commerce and Management Thought
Journal of Genetics
Journal of Hindu Studies
Journal of Indian Education
Journal of Numismatic Society of India
Journal of Psychological Research
Journal of Ramanujan Mathematical Society
Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research
Journal of Social History
Journal of Women Studies
Margin - The Journal of Applied Economic Research
Nature and Culture
Past and Present
Pramana - Journal of Physics
Proceedings Mathematical Sciences
Research Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences
Reserve Bank of India Bulletin
Review of Market Integration
Samkaleen Sahitya Samachar
Science Technology and Society
Social Philosophy and Policy
Social Science International
Teacher and Indian Journal of Educational Assessment
The Chartered Accountant
The Indian Institute of Public Opinion
The Journal of Accounting and Finance
The Journal of Institute of Public Enterprise
The Literary Criterion
The Medieval History Journal
The Oriental Anthropologist
The Times Literary Supplement
Udyamita Samachar Patrika
Udyog Vyapar Patrika
Voice of Dalit
Newspapers & Magazines
Times of India
Electronics for you
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
The library has fully computerized its most actively used collection, which is searchable through OPAC, the computer catalogue, OPAC is extremely user-friendly and enables searches to be conducted with ease and speed. The OPAC allows search by author, title, subject, call number, keywords, and Boolean search. The Call Number indicates the location of the book on the self. It also gives the availability status of documents, whether a particular document is available or on loan. On site orientation and guidance is available at the Online Catalogue terminals.
Library has setup a separate & dedicated internet service area for the students. More than 50 PCs have been installed for students to access internet and online resources. Apart from e- Journals, college has institutional membership of N-List and DELNET.
N-LIST through INFLIBNET provides access to 6000+ e-journals and 31,35,000+ e-books. Users can get their user ID and password to access the N-List resources.
DELNET provides sharing of resources among the libraries by developing a network of libraries, by collecting, storing and disseminating information and by offering computerized services to the users.
The campus of the College is Wi-Fi enabled. The same facility can be accessed by the bonafide users in the library also.
Books search facility is available online. Students can search the Library catalogue using their phone, laptop etc.