English Proficiency class (Online mode) shall start from 10th November 2020 in two batches from 9:50-10:40 AM and 10:40-11:30 AM daily. All the Second Year students of BA/ BSc/ BCom must get enrolled before 17.11.2020 in either of the batch.
About the Lab
A Language Laboratoryis a dedicated space for foregin language learning (here specifically English)where students get access to audio or audio-visual materials. The Language Lab Systems allow a teacher to listen to and manage student's audio, which is delivered to individual students through headsets or in isolated 'sound booths.'
The college has a dedicated and well equipped lab for this purpose. Regulalr programs are run by the concerned faculty throughout the year including summer vacations.
Language Lab in general offer the following
1. Text, images, audio and video can easily be integrated to teaching and learning languages; language teachers can alter materials to fit their requirements.
2. Learners can record their own voice and play back the recordings, interact with each other and the teacher, and store results.
3. Teachers can intervene and control the learners’ computers via the teacher’s console, track of learners’ work, etc.
4. Self-access for independent learning which includes access to resources outside class.
Purpose of Language Lab
· The purpose of a language lab is to involve students to actively participate in language learning exercises and get more practice than otherwise possible in a traditional classroom environment.
· Main benefit of a language lab is that it increases the time each student can spent actively speaking and practicing during the class.